Tuesday, October 14, 2008

How Singular is life so full of Changes !

I was sitting at the edge of a window, gazing out at the grass
A strange shiver ran through me, I didn't know what had come to pass
The grass suddenly turned grey, now even the woods were on fire
The lake dried up in seconds, and I knew that the situation was dire
Nothing seemed to be now as before, the whole life had swayed
Aghasted was I at the site, still silence I obeyed
There was no lake now, nor grass, nor the mountain ranges
How singular is life so full of changes !

The Deities I used to worship had now taken a human form
To lust, to lechery, to thirst they said to me they belonged
I looked at the place where my house, my building used to be
There was nothing left now, I could only see the debris
'Metamorphosis' was this calamity, it swallowed all aspirations
Defeated was I finally at the hands of its convulsions
I tried to comprehend it but labyrinth were its stranges
How singular is life so full of changes !

2 comments:

Zehra Naqvi said...

The poem seemed lovely to me once again, like last time. Beautiful word pictures, feelings and imagery...keep writing more!

Anonymous said...

that's a nice one.