Monday, November 17, 2008

Pain is Divine !!!

I laid on bed at night with eyes wide open
I cursed my life completely with my own lips swollen
Finally the pain had now pierced into my soul and bone
Marred with suffering, i cried all alone !

In my dreams that night, a few strangers I met
This was my saddest journey, for that I can bet
I saw a man with his deceased child in his arms
The Pain had visited him with no warnings or alarms !

I witnessed next an eyeless soul with no hands
Stumbling, falling, crying, Isaw him stand
His existence I thought was soaked in melancholy
But he divulged to me, Pain still for him was in ecstacy !

In a corner under the night sky
I saw the hopes of a crippled lady fly
With broken dreams, strengthless limbs and foodless intestine
She yelled out to infinity that Pain is divine !

Waking up from my midnight slumber, it dawned upon me
That even these fictions were softer than reality
'How hapless am I to suffer so much', I used to believe
But why to avoid it when Pain itself is the greatest relief

Joy is ephemeral, Pain is ubiquitous
Its presence in blood is so conspicuous
Pain, as the greatest intoxicant, is understood by very few
It starts with you, ends with you, lives in you, it changes you.

7 comments:

sonam said...

absolutely,,,impressive,,wht thought.!!!!..u deserve ths applause.!!!!!!..keep flowing..with ths pace..forever!!!!!,,,,amin,,,,

Zehra Naqvi said...

A well written poem...hoping to get more from you.

Unknown said...

mindblowing and a masterclass piece !i donot usually read poems but this is the one of a kind and i hadn't read a betterpoem than it in my entire life .i wasn't aware that u write poem as well.so ,ur new talent had really surprised me !Best of luck for the future n keep doing well.my best wishes to a true allrounder ,an allrounder in a real sense.waiting for more masterpieces like this to come !

PB said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rajan said...

really good indeed.. poems seldom attract me... but dis one ws fab!
raise d frequency!

Anonymous said...

supercalifabilistic...haven't read a good read since long time...kudos....keep up the good work....
it's nice to find a good article from a senior...


anyways....do check out...

i-just-wanna-fly.blogspot.com

Gyrovague said...

hey good work!!!